[ic] newbie problem

martin martin@chaossolutions.org
Thu, 03 May 2001 17:15:46 -0400

Hello.

As I had a spare mandrake workstation, I installed and tested apache,
checked perl for the correct version, installed inetrchange from the RPM as
it was available.

It put it into /usr/lib/

I have printed out ALL the docs, put them into a binder, read and re-read them.

Following the   "Interchange installation"  page 6 section 3.2

cd to interchange directory

diff -r construct catalogs/construct

comes back with   catalogs/construct: file/directory not found.

Why wasn`t it created ?

The instructions don`t say anything about creating the directory manually.

I haven`t used   diff  before so am following this part blindly, although
the man page seems to indicate it compares files directories.  This implies
that catalogs/construct should already exist but it doesn`t.

I never liked RPM`s.  Perhap`s I should download the tar.gz and start again.

Regards...Martin