[ic] Term:ReadLine module not installed

martin martin@chaossolutions.org
Fri, 04 May 2001 11:57:23 -0400

John Foster wrote:

> martin wrote:
> >
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have the basic system up in part.
> >
> > I did note it gave me a warning (see subject) during the makecat.  Where
> > do I get this from ?
> >
> > I also have errors when I check the administration so it appears that
> > Bundle:Interchange wasn`t installed.
> >
> > Off to CPAN now  :-)
> I have been getting this same error warning for years even though I have
> all of the necessary modules installed. Apparently Debian style perl
> modules are not readily recognized by IC. At any rate it has not caused
> any problems with my progress. Best wishes.
> John

tell me about it.  I knew I should have put interchange on a BSD machine
and not a Linux RPM one.  Unfortuantely, Mandrake  was available and
virtually unused.

According to the RPMDrake, it IS installed.

Further, even though all the perl files were installed (V5.6.0) at
installation during a full Mandrake install, and RPMDrake sees them and
they obviously work (with perl -v) and I have a basic interchange
working, trying to install Bundle::Interchange gives me a lot of  'can`t
find perl,not installed in usual places, abort on to next one, ditto ad
mauseum ad infinitum.'

I think I`ll try openBSD, as that`s the one I plan to use anyway. I`ll
have to get another hard drive and do a fresh install

Regards...Martin