[ic] Can I use the same catalogue with two different link-programs?

Rene Hertell rene@hertell.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 18:58:46 +0300

> > > BTW, it isn't a good idea to install CGIs in public directories.
> > Why not? It makes the URL shorter if I don't have to use the
> cgi-bin dir...
>
> Ouch. ScriptAlias is your friend.

I forgot to mention that my systems runs on virtual hosts (provided by my
ISP), and therefore I don't have any cgi-bins specified. I have made some
before own script-dirs with execute rights... The only way I can make fast
specifications is via the .htaccess, so all directives should be specifiable
via the .htaccess file.

Should I then create a separate dir with proper rights for the link-program?
If I don't, will there be any safety risks?

Rene