[ic] adding Frontbase SQL database support

Chad Leigh, Shire.Net LLC chad@shire.net
Sun, 06 May 2001 21:57:58 -0400

I am wanting to add FrontBase (www.frontbase.com) SQL database support.  I
have the DBD driver for FrontBase and interchange server will log in but
the postgres SQL is malformed for FrontBase. I want to go in and add
FrontBase support.

I cannot find where the "template" files for SQL generation are kept so it
knows to add a ";" and stuff like that and what types to use for things
(VARCHAR2 for Oracle versus VARCHAR or CHAR on other DBs for example).  I
did find some files in my first catalogs area of the interchange
installation, but they were in the first catalog named area and I suspect
there should be some system wide definitions somewhere?

Any hints on where to start to add this support would be welcome and
appreciated.

Thanks
Chad