[ic] Separate Items

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 12:51:17 -0400

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> At 12:42 PM 05/07/2001 +1000, you wrote:
> >Hi, list,
> >I tried to use the codes
> >
> >         [if-item-data products color]
> >             [set mv_separate_items]1[/set]
> >             Color: [item-accessories color]
> >         [else]
> >             [set mv_separate_items]0[/set]
> >         [/else]
> >         [/if-item-data]
> >
> >to separate my item with color order and non-separate items without color.
> >However, it gives me an unstable list.
> >
> >Can anybody help?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Kathy
> >

> AFAIK, mv_separate_items is a session-wide setting - it can't be applied on
> an item-by-item basis.  There may be some undocumented features or
> directives for what you want to do... Failing that, you will probably have
> to resort to manipulating the cart with Perl.

This is correct, but there are better ways.

[set mv_separate_items]1[/set] is kind of deprecated anyway, as the kind
of action-at-a-distance thing we try to avoid these days.

    [if-item-data products color]
        Color: [item-accessories color]
        Order: [page href=order
                     form="
                        mv_order_item=[item-code]
                        mv_separate_items=1
                     "]Order now[/page]
    [else]
        Order: [page href=order
                     form="
                        mv_order_item=[item-code]
                        mv_separate_items=0
                    "]Order now[/page]
    [/else]
    [/if-item-data]

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman