[ic] IC_TEST_CREATE table

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue May 8 09:41:01 2001

Quoting Chad Leigh, Shire.Net LLC (chad@shire.net):
> Hi
>
> In the configuration of a new catalog (using SQL database, in my case trying to use FrontBase), it apperas to create a table called IC_TEST_CREATE with the columns of the real table it wants to create.  It then appears to try and create the real table.  My problem is that the IC_TEST_CREATE from the table creation before hand is still in my database when it tries to go through the cycle again for the next table.
>
> I have tried using Oracle and Postgres as my "databases" with actually being logged into FrontBase, after changing the appropriate table column definition files.
>
> What is the actual work going on behind he scenes with this IC_TEST_CREATE table?

It is designed to see if the table is failing because we are unable
to create/drop tables. If we don't do this, the error is inscrutable.

A workaround is to create a valid SQL creation statement and put it
in the parameter CREATE_SQL:

Database  country  CREATE_SQL   <<EOF
    CREATE TABLE country (
      code char(3) NOT NULL default '',
      sorder char(128) default NULL,
      region char(128) default NULL,
      selector char(3) default NULL,
      shipmodes char(64) default NULL,
      name char(32) NOT NULL default '',
      iso char(3) NOT NULL default '',
      isonum char(3) NOT NULL default '',
      PRIMARY KEY  (code),
      KEY name (name),
      KEY country_code (code)
    )
EOF

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry