problem for [ic] UPS shipping

Kestutis Lasys interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 9 04:26:01 2001

Xiaowen Wu wrote:

> I'm new to minivend, and I just setup my shopping cart, and now I want to
> setup the shipping fee which is based on UPS's cvs tables. I know I can
> put a "adder" to add a fixed amount to the shipping cost, but I would like
> to multiple the shipping cost by a factor, I don't know how to do it ?
>
> I search the minivend mailing list, and found the similar questions
> posted, but I cannot found the answer.
>
> > 2. I want to modify the shipping charges for my "construct" store such
> >    that: A. UPS Shipping charges are multiplied by a factor (like 1.15
> >    for a 15% markup), as well as B. Add a base amount (like $3).
> >

> I would be appreciated if anybody can give me some hints. Thanks in
> advanced.
>
> Best
>
> Wen

First Interchange calculate the shipping charges based on UPS
(let say result in $total), then evaluate your valid mathematical
expression
from the adder and add a result to $total.

i.e. $total += <your valid mathematical expression from the adder>

In expression you can use @@TOTAL@@ or x. They will be substituted
by $total before the evaluation of expression.

In the described case you can try:

@@TOTAL@@ * 0.15 + 3
or
x * 0.15 + 3

I would use the last expr, but Mike wrote:
> The "x" thing works, but is really, really deprecated.
> It should come out of the docs.

Kestutis Lasys