[ic] All you people who consider to unsubscribe from this list, read this!

Dan B interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 10 20:59:00 2001

At 01:22 AM 5/11/2001 +0300, you wrote:
> > You sure about this?
>Yep, he tried to unsub many times.
>
> > By going to edit options I tried 'VeN@InNa.Net' and it brought up my
> > account, and it worked for 'ven@inna.net' as well.
>I guess this affects only when you want to remove yourself from the list...
>
>I flamed this guy first, but when he told me that he seriously tried to
>unsub, I noticed that he had spelled his address with mixed case, so I
>figured out that if he unsubs with the same case, he might succeed. I told
>him to do that, and tadaa, it worked :)
>
>In my opinion this is a quite serious bug in the mailman system, and it
>should be fixed ASAP.

Please, no!  I so enjoy the tortured beleaguering cries of the unwillingly
subscribed.  We, the ruling class, need minions over which we can exhort
our complete and utter ruthless dominion.  Without them, the Lords of IC
would be ridden with petty wars of fiefdoms one against another in flame
wars.  It is far better to allow the flames to flow in one direction: down,
down, down, towards the unwillingly subscribed, enslaved in their torturous
state for all eternity!

(Yes, I will put down Edgar Allen Poe's "Conqueror Worm" now)

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com