[ic] check out link doesnt work on some systems

Scott Moat interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sun May 13 22:10:00 2001

 I am having a weird problem.  I upgraded everything (interchange, linux,
apache, ect.) and setup mod-interchange.  But the check out button doesnt
work on some systems.  (like mine) It will work sometimes and it will always
work when I use open link in new window.  I appears like it tries a few
times and then comes up I have tried this on a few other systems with IE and
most of those will actually get to the checkout page and then get a
different error.  All of them that I have tried that have problems are
either behind a firewall or my system is on through a proxy server.  Any
thoughts this is the error in the ssl-error.log

[Sun May 13 20:19:59 2001] [error] mod_ssl: SSL error on writing data
(OpenSSL library error follows)
[Sun May 13 20:19:59 2001] [error] OpenSSL: error:1409F07F:SSL
routines:SSL3_WRITE_PENDING:bad write retry
[Sun May 13 20:19:59 2001] [error] access to /store/process.html failed for
192.168.0.16, reason: error while sending response
[Sun May 13 20:19:59 2001] [error] (104)Connection reset by peer: access to
/store/process.html failed for 192.168.0.16, reason: error sending headers
to client

it was suggested before that I may not have the ssl virtual server setup
properly.  i think it is but I am not 100% sure

I seen this from Mike in an email message answering this question but I
unfortunately need it to be laid out a little clearer.  I have my own
certificate.  If I need to do the 3 steps, how do I do them I am still a
newbie at all this.

Thanks,

Scott

I have been dealing with this one for four years and I am still waiting...
8-)

As far as I can tell, the problem is the splitting of the domains.
There are situations with proxy servers, cookies, and such that cannot
be dealt with to my knowledge.

The best I have been able to come up with is:

    1. Use "WideOpen Yes" (catalog.cfg) to ignore the host-qualification
    Accompany this with "SessionExpire 20 minutes" to make security
    better.
    2. Use GET method on the basket form for transitioning to
    checkout.
    3. Use the "Mall Yes" (minivend.cfg) directive to cover the case
    where people get cookies from more than one store on your servers.

What really solves it is getting an SSL cert and keeping everything
in the same domain. I strongly recommend this to my clients, telling
them they will easily eat up the cost in consulting time and lost
business. Trying to save $125 by not buying a cert is a very false
economy.