[ic] Problem with slovenian language

interchange-users@lists.akopia.com interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon May 14 09:45:00 2001

just read this :

Hello from Athens - Greece.
 We had successfuly installed the akopia software in our web server with
postgresql 7. But there is a problem with the admin interface. When I am
adding
new items with Greek Description it acceps that successfuly but when I am
edditing that item in order to add some quantity it changes the Greek
characters of the greek description with the "?" symbol.
 Why it is happening ?? Is there any solution for that ??
 The internationalization is has been done and in the e-shop interface I
have
not any problem with the Greek characters.
 Best regards from Greece
   Stamatis Kekes
   Technical Director of Kosmoslink LTD.

"

and now I realise that akopia made a product entirely based on the
iso-8859-1 charset.I tried getting help months ago but you just claimed
that this had to be an installation problem or a perl problem.But since I
can see that a lot of people from Europe who would like to use this
product because it is very good can't do so since it is totally useles
when used with europian languages such as greek slovenian serbian
croatian.So if its not 2 much trouble could one of the developers take the
time and make a small page explaining how to use the TAGS and make
interchange change out characters to a format that it and perl can
understand and display correctly(in our language).
The only was we've been able to use interchange is by using the import
interface and importing files that had the characters in question changed
to a format that interchange will use and find when searching for it.But
still we are unable to use the admin interface.We have a few companies
that would love to have the same shop but we can't say that they should
use it and we can't host them since we have absolutely no way to promis
them a working product if they in fact try to use our language.
Since I've seen plenty of perl products that work just fine with non
iso-8859-1 charsets I'm asking one more time.Can somebody help us?