[ic] basket & refresh

interchange-users@lists.akopia.com interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 17 08:37:01 2001

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 12:13:01PM +0200, Joachim Leidinger wrote:
> Javier Martin wrote:
> [DEL]
> > 2. If I refresh the basket page, the last item adds and adds again to the
> > cart, how do I avoid that?

That depends on what you mean by "refresh".  If you
mean you order an item, then click "reload" and do NOT
want another item to show up, then you are sunk.

Bottom line, you have no realistic way of knowing if
that is a valid additional item or not.  Try to think
through the logic of the http requests.

Check back through the mailing list.  This has been
discussed several times in last year.  Might be a little
hard to find the right terms to pull it up.

SeparateItems will prevent the new item from **adding**
to an existing item count, eg give the new item its own
line item.