[ic] Install problems with MySQL

Jason Kohles interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri May 18 16:57:01 2001

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 02:55:20PM -0500, Michael Lehmkuhl wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm a newbie to Interchange, but I'm extremely excited about it.  The demo
> installation really got me turned on to the speed and flexibility of this
> tool.
>
> However, I downloaded and am trying to install the software on my server,
> and I'm having problems with MySQL.  The problem comes when trying to start
> up the server for the first time after adding the first catalog.  I'm
> running Interchange V4.6.5, bsdi, MySQL 3.22.14b, Perl 5.005_03.
>
> table orderline index failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
> pulpstore config error: MySQL server has gone away

Check the mysql error logs and the interchange error logs, this error message
indicates that the connection from interchange to the mysql server has been
severed for some reason, usually you see this when the mysql server has
crashed.

--
Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect