[ic] thrashing

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat May 19 08:48:00 2001

Quoting David (david@kenpro.com.au):

> I have just installed on a P350. Any attempt to access any part of the
> demo construct installation leaves the machine thrashing for about 20
> seconds or more.
>
> What is the minimum system requirement to run Interchange as a production
> system doing maybe 100 transactions per day?

The key thing is memory. While a 350MHz system is a bit underpowered these
days, it will run Interchange at an acceptable if not blinding speed.

You should have at least 128MB of RAM on the system, more if you are running
X on it.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman