[ic] Installing construct w/ mysql support

interchange-users@lists.akopia.com interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat May 19 11:26:00 2001

                    "Steve West" <wppiphoto@wppi.com>
                    Sent by:                                  To:     <interchange-users@developer.akopia.com>
                    interchange-users-admin@developer.        cc:     <matt@brightredproductions.com>
                    akopia.com                                Subject:     RE: [ic] Installing construct w/ mysql support

                    05/19/2001 11:16 AM
                    Please respond to
                    interchange-users

> Matt,

>>Are you sure you have the 'MySQL-Client' package installed?

> How can I check? I installed mysql-3.23.38-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar and
> everything installed fine. I created a test database added some tables
all
> without a problem.

See if you have the command "mysqladmin" either using find (man find) or
locate (man locate).

If you do then make sure its in your $PATH variable. If you dont know about
the PATH or how to
set it then I suggest you read about it.

You know if its in your path by issuing "whereis mysqladmin".

Usually its within the bin/ directory in your mysql's installation prefix
(defaults to /usr/local/mysql/bin I think).