[ic] Solutions to problems

Allen Armstrong interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sun May 20 04:39:00 2001

Hi,

I noticed in last couple of weeks that there has been a lot people on at the
same time as the person posting a message for help.  So they respond to the
message and then the person who originally posted the message sees a reply
and they carry out the conversation.  Which is fine in my opinion, but not
necessarily efficient.  I have used theses threads to solve some of the
problems. Instead of carrying out the conversation why not use one of the
irc chat networks?  (see below on how to access the irc networks)

I don't want to see questions and answers to disappear from the list.
Because the archives are good.  Maybe a solution is that if you post a
question and you get answer to the question whether either it be private
email or on a irc network you post back to the list with the solution.

Allen Armstrong
-I can only please one person per day.
-Today is not your day.
-Tomorrow Doesn't Look Good either

Below: (Dedicated totally to Interchange)

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@lists.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Dan
Garwood
Sent: April 19, 2001 11:03 AM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: [ic] Interchange IRC Network Operational

There were several of us that felt an Interchange IRC network was needed to
help further the help, assistance and development of Interchange with its
users and developers.

You can connect to the servers with any irc client with the following
addresses:

UK ->  irc.cursor.uk.net:6667
US ->   irc.webhostexperts.com:6667
JP  ->   irc.bluefountain.com:6667

irc.cursor.uk.net, (uk)  irc.webhostexperts.com (us),  irc.bluefountain.com
(JP)

You can also connect with a web browser at
http://irc.cursor.uk.net

Please feel free to stop by to receive assistance or to help assist with
interchange problems.

and: (The first #interchange channel, although on a network of many other
channels, excellent for the beginner)

interchange channel on IRC
Victor "Ven" Nolton has set up an IRC channel for discussion of Interchange.
The server is irc.vensnews.com and the channel is #interchange. There are
usually several people online sharing Interchange tips, so drop by sometime.
http://www.vensnews.com/interchange/