[ic] Transfer variable through url

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon May 21 13:03:01 2001

At 01:28 PM 05/21/2001 +0400, you wrote:
>Hi, people!
>
>I try transfer variables using standart url-method.
>Not through form (method="post"), but :

>this_field_value]>Go!</a>
>
>not working...
>
>Page opening, but variable value not processing (Remains without
>modifications).
>
>Why?

...probably because IC needs to have some control over query strings in
order to function, and cannot give you free reign to roll your own. You can
accomplish what you want with [area form="..."], and in some cases you may
even be able to do so on a 'inbound' link (coming into the store from
outside) by mimicking the structure of the query string created by that
tag. Give it a try, the the syntax is here:

http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev/ictags_6.html

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax