[ic] New Account Creation Failure

Russ Mann interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon May 21 19:38:00 2001

Hello List,

IC 4.6.5, RH 6.2, mySQL db.

Account creation is failing under certain circumstances.  If I clear out the
userdb entirely, I can create one account.  When I log that account out, and
try to create another one, I get this error on the new_account page:

Cannot log in after new account creation: Invalid user name or password.

This is the error I get in the error log:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 6cX9gHXp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - [21/May/2001:16:34:03 -0700]
catalog /store/catalog/process.html Attempted login with nonexistent user
name 'russ'

Where russ is the second account name I'm trying to make.

There is no second account in the userdb.  When I clear the userdb out
again, I can create one account, with the same results on the 2nd account
creation.

Does anyone have any clue about this?  Anywhere I could look, etc.

Thanks,

Russ