[ic] New Account Creation Failure - Fixed

Russ Mann interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 23 13:30:00 2001

Dear Ed,

Thanks for all your help.  I feel like a complete bonehead. I added an
auto_increment field to the userdb, but for some reason the field was
changed to not be auto_increment, but still set as default='0'.  So, what
was happening is when it went to create the 2nd account, it couldn't add it
to the userdb because that field would have a duplicate value.

I'm posting this in hopes that someone in the far distant future with the
same completely off the wall problem will find this and be saved hours of
hair pulling.

Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Ed
LaFrance
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 10:00 AM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: RE: [ic] New Account Creation Failure

At 09:26 PM 05/22/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>The userdb is stored in mySQL.  I added the ignore_case after it didn't
>work, to try to make it work.  Its supposed to help.
>
>Russ

If you haven't already done so, you may need to log in to mysql from the
shell and GRANT full permissions on the database and all tables to the user
which runs interchange.  Other than that, did you try running it with the
default dbm's to see if it behaves better?  That would at least narrow it
down to a MySQL issue.

- Ed L.