[ic] gpg error: credit card encryption failed

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 24 11:44:01 2001

> I keep getting:
>
> (Credit card encryption failed: )
>
> on the checkout page.
>
> I also get this in my debug file:
>
> gpg: orders@my_clients_site.com: skipped: public key not found
> gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: public key not found
>
> Both keys are on the same keyring (pubring.gpg) so both should be equally
> available and have the same permissions on them. I have chown
> interch:interch on the pubring.gpg file and still no go. (And it always
> works for MY key)
>
> Here is my ENCRYPTOR setting in variable.txt:
>
> /usr/local/bin/gpg --always-trust --batch -ea -r
> orders@my_clients_site.com
> 2>/tmp/debug_gpg
>
> I can swap out orders@my_clients_site.com for MY email and it works upon
> "applying changes" in admin.
>
> I can do this from the command line on the Redhat box:
>
> echo 'hello world' | gpg -ear orders@my_clients_site.com

Under which user context are you running this? The interchange daemon user?

I use the encryptor setting:

/usr/bin/gpg -ear esales@mydomain.com
2>/home/mydomauin.com/interchange/gpg.log

which works fine. To set this up I su to user interch and import the public
key to the gpg keyring. I then signed the public key using the user's
private key so I don't need the --always-trust.

An alternative way is to eexplicitly set the location of the keyring, as
apposed to it using ~/.gnupg/..... or whatever.

Good luck

Jonathan
Webmaint.