[ic] payment only if every field is correct

Javier Martin interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon May 28 12:35:01 2001

Hi,

If you try buying something in the simple catalog that comes with IC 4.6.5,
you'll see those red alerts showing when you miss some field. The same red
messages appear when some error occurs while validating the credit card
number, BUT you'll notice that no credit card validation takes place unless
the user data fields are all filled in. However, I have written a new
catalog from scratch, and find out that the credit card processing is donde
altogether with the validation of all the fields, so as a result, the
customer is charged every time he clicks "Submit" no matter the personal
data is valid or not.

My question is: how does the simple catalog do to manage this? I can't
figure it out from the catalog files. I have examined the profiles.order and
the ord/checkout.html without noticing anything different from my catalog.

Javier