[ic] Numeric comparison with IF

Jason Kohles interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue May 29 09:23:01 2001

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 11:59:46AM +0200, Vagel wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Sorry to bother you with an IF problem again, but i really tried a lot before writing to you... :-\
>
> The problem that i have is with 'if' and numeric comparison in Interchange V4.6.1.
>
> After having searched in the mail list i used some examples that i found on string comparisons but this doesn't gives me the result that i'would like.
>
> With the following code i'm trying to compare 2 numeric fileds : 'price_retail' and 'price'. When 'price_retail' is greater than 'price', i would like to display a message.
> This comparison works with '=' but not with '>'...
>
> Can anyone give me some info on what i'm missing?

You should check and make sure that $price_ret and $price_to_pay actually do
contain numbers, if they contain anything else (including dollar signs) they
will get compared as strings, which will give you odd results.  The reason it
works with '=', is that it is not a comparison operator, try with == and see
what happens.

--
Red Hat E-Business Solutions                    Jason Kohles
11480 Sunset Hills Road                         Senior System Architect