[ic] Shipping Costs

Sheamus Nulty interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue May 29 13:28:01 2001

Folks,

I've setup multi currencies on my test website using PriceField in
locale.txt to define the price for the different currencies. Now, the
problem I'm having is with the shipping costs. From the docs it
looks like you should use PriceDivide but it seems that PriceDivide
has precedence over the PriceField which changes the currency
prices I've already added to my products table .

I thought about using the locale.txt and adding a field to it like this for
the different currencies

ShipPriceCurrency    1    0.5409  0.1632  .71     1.16

Then I would use these in a formula to calculate the shipping

ukshipping      UK Air Mail     weight  0       20      f 1.70 *
ShipPriceCurrency

However, I know I'm not accessing the ShipPriceCurrency correctly as I
get a shipping cost of zero when I use this.

If anyone could shed some light on this for me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sheamus