[ic] Best way to install many catalog on a same server.

Dan B interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 30 19:56:00 2001

At 05:10 AM 5/30/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>We have many customer than want us to install a e-commerce solution for
>them.  We gone a install interchange.  We gone a dedicated a server only
>for this customer.
>
>So my question is what is the best way to install multiple store on the
>same server?
>Install interchange on each virtual domain?
>Or
>Install interchange one time on the main server directory, and make a
>catalog for each customer?

Depends.  Most customers will not need to customize the interchange daemon
itself, so using a one daemon to many catalogs model works great for that
situation (save memory, etc.).

There may be times that you require custom daemons, e.g. when they want to
use a given CVS checkout date, or maybe a legacy version, etc.

HTH,

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com