[ic] [item-subtotal] alternative approach

Guido Sohne interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 31 01:26:00 2001

You could also write your own user tag that does your subtotal calculations.
That way Interchange functionality is 100% untouched - an issue that may
get interesting with multiple stores running on the same interchange ...

I wrote one that calculated a custom shipping tag, you can find it in the
mail
arechives at the URL referenced below.

http://developer2.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg02505.html

Simple algebra saved the day ...

ie

[total] = [subtotal] + [tax] + [shipping-charge]

therefore

[my-total] = [total] - [shipping-charge] + [my-shipping-charge]

so you don't need to write a my-total tag now ... and the major
reason for overriding built in IC functionality is gone ...

your mileage may vary. it worked for me when it came to shipping.