[ic] how to NOT use products.txt

Corey Gilmore interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 31 07:30:00 2001

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Dan B wrote:

> Everything looks OK, AFAICS...
>
> #diff products.mysql products.new.mysql
>  > Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "icon=VARCHAR(64)"
>  > Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "div_icon=VARCHAR(64)"
> 23d24
> < Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "gift_cert=VARCHAR(3)"
> 25a27
>  > Database  products  COLUMN_DEF   "type=VARCHAR(64), index(type)"
>
> 4 changes to .mysql, all of which match up with your mysql table, hmm.
>
> What is the output of bin/interchange -r?
>
> And you can't access the data from within an item-list (like results.html
> or flypage.html)?
>
> [item-list]
>          [item-field icon]
> [/item-list]

$ interchange/bin/interchange -r
Killing Interchange server 18214 with TERM.
CyberCash module found (Version 3.x)
Low traffic settings.
Calling UI....
...UI is loaded....
Interchange V4.6.1
Configuring catalog pp...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:pp.
done.
Interchange server started in INET and UNIX mode(s) (process id 18935)

Nope, thats the MOST frustrating part - i CAN access the fields.  I just
can't edit them via the item properties page because my new field,
div_icon doesn't show up.  If I click 'Turn Meta Off' or whatever, I can
see it, and then click on the meta for that, and edit meta properties.

products/mv_metadata.asc looks like this

code	type	width	height	field	db	name	outboard	options	attribute	label	help	lookup	filter	help_url	pre_filter	lookup_exclude	prepend	append	display_filter
products::div_icon	 select	30	 1					=none,he.gif=Higher Ed,hc.gif=Health Care,pa.gif=Public Admin		Division Icon	Set this to the division the product belongs to

.cfg