[ic] Interchange Server

Nixon, Anthony interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 31 08:04:00 2001

I am currently using Interchange in a test environment but was wondering
about a production server.  I really hope this is the place for this
question as it does pertain to production Interchange systems.  I usually
install all of my production Linux servers from scratch, as in I start with
a very small custom RH installation and then compile only those
software/application components needed.  The question is this, is anyone
using RH 7.1 out-of-the-box for their installations?  I ask because I am
really getting tired of having to recompile new releases (especially bug
fixes) all the time.  I do understand that I get possible performance gains
from doing it this way, but the time factor is horrible.  So are there any
Interchange users who have gone out-of-the-box with their RH 7.1 Linux
installations and using them in production on the net?  Thanks for your time
and I do apologize if this is not the place for this question.

Shon Nixon
Chief - Information Technology
Midrex Enterprises, Inc.