[ic] how to NOT use products.txt

Dan B interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 31 15:44:01 2001

At 06:30 AM 5/31/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Nope, thats the MOST frustrating part - i CAN access the fields.  I just
>can't edit them via the item properties page because my new field,
>div_icon doesn't show up.  If I click 'Turn Meta Off' or whatever, I can
>see it, and then click on the meta for that, and edit meta properties.
>
>products/mv_metadata.asc looks like this
>
>code    type    width   height  field   db      name    outboard
>options
>attribute       label   help    lookup  filter  help_url        pre_filter
>      lookup_exclude  prepend append  display_filter
>products::div_icon      select  30      1
>      =none,he.gif=Higher Ed,hc.gif=Health Care,pa.gif=Public
>Admin           Division Icon   Set this to the division the product belongs to
>
>.cfg

That's what I get for jumping in a thread half-way through.  :-)  I thought
you couldn't access the data from a item list.

Anyway, Jonathan Clark hit the button on the nose.  Don't forget to "apply
changes" or --reconfig your catalog after making the change in preferences
to Item-Display->UI_ITEM_FIELDS

Later,

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com