[ic] Hidden fields mapping

Dan B interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 31 16:02:00 2001

At 02:10 PM 5/31/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I've been  trying to map the checkout hidden fields to some other name when
>submitting a form.
>Is there any way to do that as i think the value isn't known yet and can't
>be assigned via variables yet.
>
>I tried to use the mv_check and then assign the value of the form to a
>session var but the payment host cannot access the session vars...it needs
>hidden fields sent by a POST.
>
>I'd rather avoid the javascript...
>
>Thank you
>
>J.P. Parent

J.P.,

It sounds like the only way you can solve this is either with javascript
(might be easier), or with a two-phase form posting.  The first form, much
like you have it now would just submit to interchange again, where mv_check
is executed and the values are copied into the right places.  Then  do
another automatic form posting that goes to the real POST destination.

How do you do an automatic form post?  Either javascript:
this.form.submit(), or use the code that was posted in the last few weeks
on that (I think).

At any rate, I hope the above might spark a thought for ya.

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com