[ic] Searching on more than one table

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 03:57:01 2001

Tobias Henle <t.henle@thiesen.com> writes:

> patrick.bennett@ccgenesis.com wrote:
>
> > I would like to come up with a way to search two
> > tables using one search string.  I have the products
> > table and the article table, both of which should
> > be searched from one search box.  Is there an
> > easy way to do this?
>

> Use SQL!
>
> ** I use SQL for most of my Querys becourse of preformance.
> If you debug the SQL Querys form IC you will see that it oftens siply
> uses a SELECT * FROM bla; what is not very fast ;)

Even with this restrictions, IC searches are pretty fast. But
one can use mv_like_spec with SQL anyway.

> ** and I use SQL berourse SQL == phun! ;)

Die Deutschen sind nicht nur im Fußball Rumpelfüßler :-)

Yes, SQL is quite nice. We often use SQL queries in embedded Perl
or usertags. That rocks.

Cheers
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices