[ic] add on-the-fly in admin

Thu Nov 1 14:20:00 2001

At 12:16 PM 11/01/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>Is there some way to add an item "on-the-fly" that is NOT in the catalog.
>Lets say you just want to make up an item, desc. and price while you are
>entering in an order in the admin section.  i.e.  You want to add a discount
>for this person shown as an item, but you dont want to go in and add an item
>called "discount" and put in that specific dollar amount which would be
>different next time you wanted to use it.
>
>Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
>
>Sincerely,
>Aaron Hazelton
>FixtureFactor.com V.P.
>828.631.3477

I can be done if you are willing to override the UI's entry.html page and
edit the source.  I am currently working on the IC docs, and among other
things I have restored the section which deals with on-the-fly ordering. It
is not published on the interchange developers' site yet, but you can see
it here:

http://www.insitehosting.com/icdocs/ic_ecommerce.html

...follow the link on "how to set up an on-the-fly item" and take a look at
the form examples.  Basically, once your catalog is configured for OnFly,
you would want to include the relevant fields in the existing form in
entry.html, creating an area in which the admin can type the data for an
on-the-fly item and click a button to add it to the order. Yes, negative
dollar amounts will work.

Good luck!

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax