[ic] SalesTax Bug?

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 16:00:00 2001

Jason Korkin wrote:

> Wierd issue here, we're attempting to add a new sales tax for code 'NC'
> - this is already defined in the States table.

I've run into this too, I didn't figure out the root cause, but
here's how I got around it:

Login to ui, click on administration, click on preferences, click
on tax.

Now, in the tax variables you need to set TAXAREA to NC,
and TAXRATE to NC=taxrate.  The NC=taxrate is important
(of course, taxrate is your tax rate, eg 6.575 or somesuch.)

You can add multiple states by setting TAXAREA to NC, MO, WA, etc
then setting TAXRATE to NC=5.5, MO=6.575, WA=25, etc...

I hope that's clear. :/

That should do it.  For some reason the ui wants to
set TAXRATE to just the numerical value and not the
variable=rate pair that you need.  This is probably
a bug, but I'm not really sure. :)

Good luck,

--J(K)