[ic] Credit Card Info

Mon Nov 5 10:33:30 2001

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Dan Browning wrote:

DB>>Alright, now we're cookin' with gas.  Who's in the mood for a good ole'
DB>>Sunday Flamewar?  :-)  (Why is it that ic-users tends to get the worst
DB>>on Sundays?  Remember the last big flamewar wrt the need for
DB>>documentation?  That was on a Sunday).

Perhaps because we equate the management with a 5 day work week. It's the
weekend and 'Daddy' has gone home for the weekend. But, 'Daddy dropped in
today and surprised us, and caught us being 'bad boys' (and girls) :-)

DB>>encryption.  And don't even get me started on TEMPEST.  :-)

TEMPEST, as well as the various listening/monitoring devices are not
cost-productive. It's far easier and cheaper to just find someone that you
can grab by the balls and get him/her to tell you all of the secrets that
you want - Aldrich Ames as an example.

Security is an interestin field of 'science'.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Sunday, November 04, 2001 at 20:25 PM:
There is an exception to every rule, except this one.

This Linux System has been up 226 hours