[ic] (no subject)

Mon Nov 5 11:54:00 2001

At 03:12 PM 11/02/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>I've been trying many different ways to use the date widget as a range
>search on a specific column.
>So far I have this which spits out no results
>
><TD><B>Beginning<BR>
>                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_search_field" VALUE="created">
>                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_column_op" VALUE=">=">
>                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_numeric" VALUE="1">
>                 [widget type=date]</TD>
><TD><B>Ending</B><BR>
>                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_search_field" VALUE="created">
>                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_column_op" VALUE="<=">
>                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_numeric" VALUE="1">
>                 [widget type=date]</TD>
>

>I'v also tried it with the widget name =ui_begin_date and u_end_date
>respectively
>

>I believe my problem is the date widget isn't equal to "se" but how do I get
>the date widget to equal the searchspec

Basically, what you need is this:

<TD><B>Beginning<BR>
                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_search_field" VALUE="created">
                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_column_op" VALUE=">=">
                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_numeric" VALUE="1">
                 <input type=hidden name=mv_searchspec value="YYYYMMDD">
                 [widget type=date]</TD>
<TD><B>Ending</B><BR>
                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_search_field" VALUE="created">
                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_column_op" VALUE="<=">
                 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_numeric" VALUE="1">
                 <input type=hidden name=mv_searchspec value="YYYYMMDD">
                 [widget type=date]</TD>

YYYYMMDD(HHMM) is the way date stamps are stored in the table in most cases
- you can export a the table and look at the date field contents to confirm
this. The date widget builds three select wigets (Month, Day and Year) to
collect input, which are then juggled into the proper order for a record
write.  You need to do the same thing, pre-search.  I'm not aware of any
existing whiz-bang tool for this; I would probably collect all the search
values in a regular form, then organize them and submit the search as a
separate step, but that is just my preference.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax