[ic] Turn off inventory?

Fred Pope interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 12:39:00 2001

"I didnt want inventory either, and I just went into the pages and took out
the code for "if in stock..." and "if out of stock....."
All you really have to do, is take out the words that display, and no one
will ever know.  Thats what I have done and I dont have any values for
inventory in the tables."

An alternate approach that I took to solve the same problem.....

I changed this so that it actually references the field in the inventory
table if the item is not in stock so that you can reflect average lead
times.

I replaced "Out of Stock" with [item-data inventory stock_message]

This way I can have products that ship in 24 hours, 1-2 days, 2-3 weeks,
special order etc. It works well for our specific application.

We hold only some inventory, not that much. This does require that you use
the admin inventory feature and set the value there, although you could
probably set a default value if you would like. If you do not select
anything, it will not show either in stock, or out of stock.

Either way works, I just wanted to reflect lead times.

--
Fred Pope
Satcom Resources