[ic] How do I handle a "checksum" like field?

Mon Nov 5 17:37:00 2001

Quoting Jay Flaherty (fty@mediapulse.com):
> On Monday 05 November 2001 12:09 pm, Christopher Miller wrote:
> >> On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 01:18:37PM -0500, Jay Flaherty wrote:
> > Do it in the profile for the checkout page.  Return a different successpage
> > depending on success or failure (or it sounds like you would prefer to loop
> > back to checkout).  Look up profiles, successpage, failpage in docs.
>
> Thanks for the reply Chris,
>
> That is my problem. I don't know how to set up etc/profiles.order to check
> for a valid CD key. Do I put it in a perl block like this:
> [perl]
> my $cd_key = $Values->{cd_key};
> my $unlock = $Tag->unlock_me($cd_key);
> if ($unlock eq "") {
> return  "mv_cdkey_valid=required CD key fails tests.";
> }
> [/perl]
> I'm just not sure how this file works. Do I need to set
> $VEND::Session->errors{cd_key} (or something)?
> in pages/ord/checkout.html I have:
>     required=1]</font>
>     CD KEY: <input type="text" name="cd_key" value=[value cd_key]>
> In catalog.cfg I have my working UserTag unlock_me
>
> Anymore help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...jay

What you have looks reasonable to me. Assuming the $Tag->unlock__me works
in embedded Perl, it should work fine.

Make sure you reconfig the catalog after adding that little thing
to etc/profiles.order (in the checkout_profile area).

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

How far can you open your mind before your brains fall out?