[ic] Credit Card Info

Robert Trembath interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 18:43:20 2001

Ed,

 I do pay RH for support for issues that are specialized and require
customization beyond my knowledge or this list.

 This was a feature or a method that was supported in 4.6.x and changed
to use PGP/GPG only, without backwards compatability.  So I merely asked
for a fix to what was supposed to be done already. Not Customization.

 As a consultant, a professional with 12 years of web/db applications
development experience and a RH customer, I know the difference between
the two. The code base was not backwards compatible and anyone with
older catalogs not using realtime authorization was unable to retrieve
CC information without calling the customer back(not good) or installing
and use PGP/GPG.

 I don't feel we (not I) should have to pay for code modifications that
RH said would be part of the feature set. This is open source, don't we
all contribute to make the product better?

Let get on to better things.

Robert Trembath
Internet Technology Manager
e|robert@ishoptech.com