[ic] Repost: automating makecat (What to do about the additional_fields file?)

Mon Nov 5 20:33:00 2001

Quoting Daniel P. Zepeda (dzepeda@satx.net):
> Hello,
>
> 	I am reposting this question after more searching. This is a reasonable
> question isn't it?
>
>          I read previous posts on how automate makecat. My
> question is, how does one go about dealing with the "additional_fields" that
> the makecat program asks about? Is there a similar mechanism to the one
> mentioned in the makecat documentation about setting environment variables that
> start with MVC_? Is there some other preferred way to deal with this situation?

I don't think anyone understands what you are asking. I am still not
sure what you mean by "automating makecat".

If you mean running it from a script, look at the RPM spec file,
which has an example of that. You make a call like:

	bin/makecat \
		-F \
		--relocate=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT \
		--demotype=$i \
		--catalogname=$i \
		--basedir=$BASEDIR \
		--catroot=$BASEDIR/$i \
		--documentroot=$DOCROOT \
		--samplehtml=$DOCROOT/$i \
		--sampleurl=http://$HOST/$i \
		--imagedir=$DOCROOT/$i/images \
		--imageurl=/$i/images \
		--sharedir=$DOCROOT \
		--shareurl= \
		--cgidir=$CGIDIR \
		--cgibase=$CGIBASE \
		--cgiurl=$CGIBASE/$i \
		--interchangeuser=%ic_user \
		--interchangegroup=%ic_group \
		--permtype=user \
		--serverconf=$HTTPDCONF \
		--vendroot=$ICBASE \
		--linkmode=UNIX \
		--servername=$HOST \
		--catuser=%ic_user \
		--mailorderto=%{ic_user}@$HOST \
		cachedir=$CACHEDIR/$i \
		logdir=$LOGDIR/$i

Note the last two parameters, which are from additional_fields. You
just pass them in without a leading --.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman