[ic] Database modules needed for stock install?

Tue Nov 6 00:04:01 2001

Quoting Glenn McCalley (techlist@bnetmd.net):
> Hi there, wondering if there are any Perl DBD/DBI Modules (other than the
> general DBI which is installed) required in order to install with the stock
> database installation (no SQL)?  The Interchange Bundle -is- installed.
>
> I'm taking 500's in the UI for "Users" and "Merchandising", I've turned on
> debug output everywhere I can find and can't get a reason.  The list
> archives seem to show others have solved similar problems by installing some
> particular Perl module: I've installed everything mentioned in those posts
> (other than obvious SQL modules) and still getting 500's for those 2
> functions.

This is probably due to simultaneous user traffic for those tables.
GDBM doesn't act nice when someone won't give it write permission.

SQL is strongly recommended for busy catalogs. The errors should
disappear then; they are usually pretty harmless, though.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Software axiom: Lack of speed kills.