[ic] How do I handle a "checksum" like field?

Jay Flaherty interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 14:05:00 2001

On Tuesday 06 November 2001 12:03 pm, Mike Heins wrote:

> Quoting Jay Flaherty (fty@mediapulse.com):
> > > Do it in the profile for the checkout page.  Return a different
> > successpage > depending on success or failure (or it sounds like you
> > would prefer to loop > back to checkout).  Look up profiles, successpage,
> > failpage in docs.
> > Thanks for the reply Chris,
>> > That is my problem. I don't know how to set up etc/profiles.order to
> > check for a valid CD key. Do I put it in a perl block like this:
> > [perl]
> > my $cd_key = $Values->{cd_key};
> > my $unlock = $Tag->unlock_me($cd_key);
> > if ($unlock eq "") {
> > return  "mv_cdkey_valid=required CD key fails tests.";
> > }
> > [/perl]
> > I'm just not sure how this file works. Do I need to set
> > $VEND::Session->errors{cd_key} (or something)?
> > in pages/ord/checkout.html I have:
> > KEY"     required=1]</font>
> >     CD KEY: <input type="text" name="cd_key" value=[value cd_key]>
> > In catalog.cfg I have my working UserTag unlock_me
>> > Anymore help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...jay
>
> What you have looks reasonable to me. Assuming the $Tag->unlock__me works
> in embedded Perl, it should work fine.
>
> Make sure you reconfig the catalog after adding that little thing
> to etc/profiles.order (in the checkout_profile area).

Thank you so much Mike and Chris :-)
This works beautifully. Why didn't I just test it out myself? Maybe I did not
have the confidence to trust my "winging it" ;-) Though I am pleased my
"winging" was right on the money. Some day I hope I can return the favor. I
have done some pretty neat things with IC (mostly using [perl] blocks). Some
day I wil finally wrap my head around the more elegant template syntax and
then look out :-)

Again thanks...Jay

Jay Flahery
Mediapulse, Inc.