[ic] Payment Processor Error Tracking

fctmaillist interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Nov 7 00:34:01 2001

hi
        we have integrated IC with Paradata  (payment processor) using their
perl API.  The problem we are facing now is to handle the negative
stop the process and we need to show the error message in the checkout pages
or a failure page.  we have searched the mailing list for doing this but we
could not able to get any success.
we have done the following things when there is some error in the user tag

" $Vend::Session->{errors}{mv_credit_card_valid} = $msg;".

But we couldnot stop the flow as soon as we get the error for example
invalid request to the processor.

when we tried to display this  error in the checkout page as

  [error std_label="Credit Card Information" name=mv_credit_card_valid]
   [if type=explicit compare="[error all=1 show_var=1 keep=1]"]
    <P>
        <B>There were errors in your last submission:<br>
        <FONT color="__CONTRAST__">
             [error all=1 keep=1 show_error=1 show_label=1 joiner="<br>"]
    The areas you need to correct are shown in
    <FONT color="__CONTRAST__">this color</FONT> below.</B>
    [/if]

we get the error even when we try to go to the checkout page itself since
this is maintained in the session.  if we move the   [error
std_label="Credit Card Information" name=mv_credit_card_valid] inside the if
loop error is not at all displayed.  but we could get the error in the
error.log.

thanks,
joyce.j.