[ic] Items not appearing in front end

Brian Kosick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 11:13:00 2001

At 11:32 AM 10/29/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello again all,
>         One of our IC (4.8.2 RH7.1, Perl 5.6.1) sites appears to be
> "forgetting" about a few item in the database.  Everything shows up fine
> in the admin UI, you can search for/modify/delete/clone the items in the
> UI.  But the front end doesn't display them.  You can do a search for the
> or other unique text/entries the item may have and it will always come up with:
>
>Sorry, I didn't find any matches for ARRAY(0x837df18).
>
>With no error.log entry.
>
>I've checked the txt structure.  Deleted the gdbm/recreated it.  I even
>tried deleting the entry, and then recreating it with the same sku #.  The
>behavior is still the same.  This got me to thinking that there might be
>an old entry fragment or something.  I checked all  the db/txt files and
>couldn't find any reference to any of the faulty sku's.  They only appear
>in the products table.  At this point I'm almost thinking that it is some
>strange quirk in GDBM, and am about ready to try migrating it to pgsql to
>see if that corrects the problem.  There are only 3/>500 items that
>exhibit this behavior, and before I do that, I wanted to see if anyone on
>the list has experienced anything similar to this.

I posted the above message a while ago, I am still experiencing this
problem.  I have moved the database to pgsql 7.0.3 and can manually do the
query through the command line.  I can in IC use the URL to do something
like
this.
http://www.diabeticexpress.com/cgi-bin/dexpress.cgi/scan/sf=code/se=04-09
or even http://www.diabeticexpress.com/cgi-bin/dexpress.cgi/04-09.html

But you can't search through the search box for it.  It will always give an
error.  I have two other products that exhibit the exact same
behavior.  Again, nothing shows up in either error logs, and every time I
try to turn DEBUG on, it IC fails on me.  Which I can't have on a live
site.  The search box is the search_box_small component.  My setup is:

IC 4.8.2
Perl 5.6.1
RaqXTR (modded version of rh6.x)