[ic] Fedex shipping under one pound?????

Thu Nov 8 19:53:01 2001

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 steve@moddepot.com wrote:

>>I'm trying to use fedex for my shipping but i ran into a problem. Most of my
>>products weight .01 lbs and users would need to buy 100 things to equal one
>>pound. So what happens is fedex wont recognize it and my shipping options
>>drop down is totally empty. here is my shipping.asc file

I'm of several different minds about this...

If they can order 100 things and the weight comes up to 1 pound and shipping
is calculated correctly, I would just put in a minimum shipping amount to be
charged. (That test would indicate that the shipping mechanism is working
OK.) There is a minimum amount that FedEx is going to charge you, so set a
minimum amount for your customer. This would insure that they got charged
correctly if they bought 10,000.

You can also set your weights at .1 instead of .01. 10 of those makes a
pound and FedEx's minimum. That's fine if most people aren't going to order
very many of these items (stamps, perhaps?)

With that lightweight of an item, you might want to consider a flat rate
shipping fee - especially if most sales are for 100 or 200 or less.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, November 08, 2001 at 19:45 PM:
Truck Pulls: for people who cannot understand the WWF

This Linux System has been up 322 hours