[ic] Netscape 4.7 and Interchange

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Nov 10 01:40:00 2001

Ed LaFrance wrote:
> Yes, now I see it - in Netscape, if you don't type a quantity into the qty
> text field before clicking the buy button, nothing goes in the cart. In IE,
> an qty of one is put in the cart.
>
> This has somehting to do with the code for the "Buy List" feature, I am
> fairly certain, and in any case others have come across this - I remember
> seeing it on this list.
>
> A quick-and-dirty fix would be to edit results.html so that the input for
> quantity has a default of '1'.

This should be in the FAQ.  I'm only replying to this
to help folks in the future find things in the archives.

There is no way to make Netscape 4.x behave sanely.  I've
tried, others have tried, and failed.  I don't have access
to IE at the moment, can anyone verify that the changes
that Ed describes will help Netscape users and not hinder
IE users?

--J(K)

PS:  helping regex search: Netscape, Internet Explorer, IE,
buy now, buy list, quantity.