[ic] RE: more or less?

David Berry interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Nov 10 12:58:00 2001

Hi All,

I found it.

Just in case anyone else wants to limit the number of matches on the results
page, here's a solution ( I'm sure not the only one)  :o)

in the file catalog_before.cfg file
( found in '/usr/lib/interchange' on my setup)

this is a snippet from the alteration:

the 2 lines referring to "ml" are the ones that need to be added
here MatchLimit is being set to 6.

Variable  MV_DEFAULT_SEARCH_TABLE products

Sub <<EOR
sub bar_link {
	my $base = shift || 'cat';
	my $extra;
	$base =~ s/(\W.*)//s
		and $extra = $1;
	my $ref = shift;
	my $code = $ref->[0];

	my $record =  tag_data($base, 'n/a', $code, { hash => 1 });
	return $ref->[0] unless $record;

	my $url;
	my $anchor;
	my $highlight;
	my $first;
	my $ml = 6;

	LINK: {
		push @out, "ml=$ml";
		if($record->{link_type} eq 'external') {

Although this works, it would be nice to be able to do this from the admin ui
(hint...hint) ... maybe it's there already .. couldn't find it though.

dave