[ic] dynamic profiles.order

Patrick J. Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Nov 11 03:14:05 2001

    I have an interesting problem and have exhausted the archives and the
docs that I can find.  Hopefully someone here will have a suggestion or
pointer.

    Certain software products in our store require that the customer agree
to a license agreement before purchasing.  Each product that has a license
generates a checkbox like so:

<input type="checkbox" value="checked" name="license_[item-code]">

with a label like so:

[error name="license_[item-code]" std_label="I have read and agreed..."
show_label=1 required=1]

    However, the "required=1" parameter is apparently not enough to force
the user to check the box before checking out.  This suggests that I need to
have associated entries in etc/profiles.order.  My problem is this: how do I
make a dynamic profiles.order that adds the appropriate "required" lines
depending on which products are being purchased?  Or is there a way to
require a field without putting an entry into profiles.order?

    Any pointers appreciated.

Patrick Walsh