[ic] Nested Loops - Newbie

Jeff Fearn interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 19:03:00 2001

This is pretty useful, however it is not what I was looking for.

This generates a unique category for each product/category combination.
Which does automate the task, it however does not get passed the messy
solution of having multiple categories with the same title. i.e. Courses->OS
has the same title as Software->OS, the difference is the options used in
field/column pairs.

I put the file in /var/lib/interchange/store/pages/admin, the catalog is
store :}

I believe the solution I am looking for requires modification of
category_vertical, specifically the use of the box loop parameters in the
cat loop. To add/expand the sf & se fields. This would allow you to have one
OS category and adding it to an area would automatically filter OS products
to that area. This is a much better solution as it reduces the number and
complexity of categories, and will not require the generation of a new
category for an existing category when it is added to a new area.

Thanks, Jeff.