[ic] multiple stores - one cart

Thu Nov 15 19:34:00 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, David Berry wrote:

DB>>If I create three identical foundations stores, delete the session dirs in
DB>>two of them and symlink them to the third, everything works well with the
DB>>"floating" cart, I can purchase items from any of the stores and check out
DB>>just on one store with everything as expected. BUT ... if I load any of the
DB>>products tables with different items, it no longer works :o( Which seems to
DB>>suggest that it's on the right lines, but there's more to figure out. A pity
DB>>it wasn't that easy.

What I am hearing you saying here is that you want to add some items to just
one store. If that's they case, then each store needs it's own products
files and data bases.

If you want one item to go into the common database from any of the three
stores, then it sounds like a permissions or ownership problem.

As I think that I said before, I've never done this, and it's all off the
top of my head, and probably quite unreliable.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, November 15, 2001 at 19:30 PM:
Smile... people will wonder what you've been up to.

This Linux System has been up 94 hours