[ic] Maximum CPU usage

Fred Pope interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 09:58:00 2001

"I am using IC 4.8.1 on Linux 7.0 with a PostGreSQL database. But on being
accessed by only 3-4 users , the system becomes slow and the CPU usage
clocks 99% usage. The catalogs built for each user occupies maximum server
resources."

Have you done a TOP to see what is occupying the processor?

Sounds like you have something funky. Our system sits idle most of the time
unless it is being hit, at which point you may see it drop to 95% CPU Usage.

What makes you think that it is Interchange or PGSQL that is causing the
problem? I have run every flavor of PGSQL that has been mentioned on some of
our robust 133 MHz PII development servers, and they like our production
machines.....always have plenty of CPU power to go around.

Based on my experience with Interchange and PGSQL, I think that you may have
something else going on.

Try to isolate the problem a bit more.
--
Fred Pope