[ic] Competitors placing fake orders; need help...

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 17:55:16 2001

Jason Ballou <jasonballou1@yahoo.com> writes:

> My exceedingly unscrupulous competitors are placing
> fake orders where they order several thousand of a few
> items at a time, depleting my inventory numbers for
> that item and preventing my customers from ordering it
> until I re-inventory the items.
>
> I am running version 4.8.1.  What is the easiest way
> that I can set a maximum quantity per item, keeping in
> mind that I know almost nothing about programming?

You can check the order amount on the basket and checkout
page and disallow any orders above a certain limit.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Die Erde bleibt keine Scheibe. --- The earth remains no disk.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices