[ic] Competitors placing fake orders; need help...

Mon Nov 19 18:11:00 2001

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Jason Ballou wrote:

JB>>My exceedingly unscrupulous competitors are placing
JB>>fake orders where they order several thousand of a few
JB>>items at a time, depleting my inventory numbers for
JB>>that item and preventing my customers from ordering it
JB>>until I re-inventory the items.
JB>>
JB>>I am running version 4.8.1.  What is the easiest way
JB>>that I can set a maximum quantity per item, keeping in
JB>>mind that I know almost nothing about programming?

I hope that you are not using IC as a serious inventory control. Perhaps
Foundation is different, but Construct is useless for this.

When I add an item to the store, I set the inventory at around 1000000 so
that it gets ignored. It's rare that I am out of stock on something, or if I
am, I can have it in stock in 2-3 days. I don't have any problem in writing
the order up, charging the charge card and back ordering what they have
ordered. When the charge card fails, I don't have to order the stuff.

If they are giving you a valid charge card that you can sucessfully hit let
them suffer the problems of getting it all cancelled. I would make them wait
several days to process the credit citing a heavy workload as punishment.

(I'm doing my inventory control, as well as credit card processing on my
Point Of Sale terminal)

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, November 19, 2001 at 18:00 PM:
Useless Invention: Double-sided playing cards.

This Linux System has been up 189 hours